We have all heard the expression "Your body is your temple". If we want to be happy and healthy we need to be healthy in mind, body and spirit because they are interconnected. If we keep our body healthy and detoxified, it will support the health and well-being of our mind and spirit as well.
We know that everything is fundamentally made up of energy. We have different energy systems in our bodies, such as the meridians, energy centres, axiotonal lines and the cranio-sacral pulse that runs along our spine. If the energy gets stuck or blocked, it leads to imbalances in the body which could lead to dis-ease.
In the same way, if toxins get stuck in our biological systems, we start to feel sluggish and energetically unwell. If we don't get rid of the toxins, they will eventually lead to serious and chronic illnesses.
Why detoxify your body?
Our body has built in mechanisms to get rid of toxins in our body, such as crying, sweating and through metabolic waste after passing through the kidneys, liver and colon.
However, living in a world that has become overloaded with toxic agents and pollution cause our bodies to struggle to eliminate them, leading to toxic build-up (oxidative stress) and eventual illness (oxidative injury).
It is, therefore, important to be aware of the elements that cause toxic build-up in the body – so that you can proactively avoid them as much as possible.
Then, becoming aware of the signs of having toxins in your body and using regular routines to eliminate toxins will assist in keeping your body and your immune system healthy.
What causes toxicity in the body?
- Pollutants in the environment and in the elements surrounding us, such as in the air, water and earth.
- Foreign chemicals in household cleaning products, cosmetics and pesticides.
- Heavy metals such as mercury, lead and aluminium, build up in the body over time.
- Electronics, such as cell phones, TV and microwaves.
- Radiology, such as X-rays and CT-scans.
- Bacteria, viruses, fungi, as well as parasites from contaminated food.
- Toxic additives contained in processed foods, fast foods and junk foods.
- Drugs, including the prescribed ones.
- Alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Chronic stress causes toxic hormones such as adrenalin and cortisol to be released in the body.
- Negative thoughts and emotions also cause stress that release toxic hormones in the body.
What are the signs of toxins in your body?
- Excessive mucus or runny nose.
- Headaches and fuzzy thinking.
- Bad breath and body odour.
- Puffy eyes and face.
- A sluggish digestive system, causing weight gain and constipation.
- Excessive weight and bloated tummy.
- Skin reactions, such as rashes and outbreaks.
- Sensitivity to chemical smells, such as fragrances.
- Chronic muscle and joint pains.
The benefits of detoxifying your body
- Increased energy and vitality.
- A healthier immune system.
- Weight loss.
- A clear skin.
- Clearer thinking.
- General health and wellbeing.
- It is anti-aging.
How to keep your body and mind free of toxins
There are natural ways to detoxify your body and keep your energy levels up without taking drastic measures such as fasting, colon cleanses, etc.
- Drink as much (pure) water as possible.
- Diet: As much organic, raw/alkaline vegetables, fruits, sprouts, raw nuts and seeds as possible. Juicing raw vegetables and fruits – as organic as possible.
- Detoxifying smoothies or juices. Replace a meal a day by blending a smoothie or revitalize by juicing with vegetables and fruit. (see ‘Blending versus juicing’)
- Probiotics to balance the ‘good’ bacteria in your digestive system.
- Exercise that helps you break a sweat or that stimulates your lymphatic system.
- Meditation is a wonderful way to avoid oxidative stress.
- Breathe clean air, as natural as possible or invest in a good quality air purifier for your home or office.
- Brush your skin to stimulate circulation.
- Deep massage to stimulate lymphatic drainage.
- Saunas or steam baths.
- Hot salt water baths – use sea salt or epsom salts.
- Deep breathing exercises, especially heart coherent breathing.
- Natural herbal remedies.
- Acupuncture, reflexology or acupressure.
- Avoid negative news, stories, movies and video-games.
- Avoid gossip and drama.
- Do the things that you love and bring joy and laughter in your life.
- Keep a positive mindset. Find help if you struggle with anxiety, depression and negative emotions such as, fear, anger, sadness, etc.
Learn from Dr Buttar how you can virtually eliminate all causes of poor health and eventually chronic disease. CLICK HERE.
Contact me if you struggle with anxiety, depression and negative emotions such as, fear, anger, sadness, etc. You don't have to suffer any longer.
Mobile: +27 (0)81 842 5859