Fear is your worst enemy
There is a general fear pandemic going on that is worse than the Coronavirus (COVID-19) itself. It is feeding into the collective consciousness and creating a general atmosphere of panic and anxiety.
Fear, panic and anxiety are counterproductive, not only because they cloud your thinking, but also because they lower your immune-system and make you more susceptible to the virus itself. Don’t buy into the fear mongering and stop feeding the fear. Take your power back!
Yes, of course, take the recommended precautions by washing hands regularly and wearing masks where necessary – especially if you are living in a red zone.
If you already have the symptoms of the Coronavirus, you can get help HERE.
However, while panic is setting in and people are clearing all supplies of masks and disinfectants off the shelves, the best you can do for yourself, your family and for the world is to empower yourself by:
1. Being pro-active by keeping your immune system strong.
Remember that not everyone who carries this virus will die from their cold. The health of almost all the victims of the Coronavirus was already compromised before they were infected, due to low immunity.
2. Staying calm, centered and grounded.
Stress is the deadliest disease. When an individual is under stress due to fear, panic or anxiety, the release of stress hormones (e.g. cortisol) shuts down the immune system to conserve the body’s energy for the fight or flight response. Fear is more deadly than the Coronavirus!
Here are some tips to help keep your immune system strong, and to keep you centered and grounded:
1. Boost your immune system
There are plenty of natural supplements and remedies on the market (and even in your back garden!) to combat viral infections and to support your immune system. Consult with your pharmacist or herbalist, or experiment with the following to find what works best for you.
- Homeopathic remedies: Allium cepa, Gelsemium and Oscillococcinuim.
- Tinctures: Echinacea. This is my personal favorite! It is a clinically proven to help prevent upper respiratory tract and viral infections.
- Vitamins A & E
- Lots of Vitamin C 2-3000 mg/day (ascorbate based). If you can afford liposomal Vit C, even better – it is like taking a Vit C injection!
- Vitamin D taken together with Melatonin. Research shows incredible results.
- Probiotics for your microbiome.
- Antifungal herbs, spices and teas:
- Some of the most common anti-fungal herbs or spices are:
- Thyme and oregano - are anti-viral and add great flavour to food.
- Olive leaf - can be taken as a tincture, capsule or tea mixed with mint (avoid during pregnancy).
- Ginger root - taken as a tea, in capsule form, or added to meals.
- Dried lemon balm leaf - taken as a tea.
- Licorice root - taken as a tea.
- Star anise - it is a super powerful anti-viral spice. Boil it in water and add it to your tea - delicious!
- Cranberry juice (make sure it is unsweetened).
- Teas - The anti-oxidants and antiviral properties of polyphenols found in Green tea or Rooibos provide an added boost to the immune system.
- Garlic, especially raw, is a potent antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal agent with immune boosting effects. (Try it in capsule form if you don’t like the taste of garlic).
- All mushrooms have anti-viral properties, especially Reishi and Agarikon mushrooms, if you can find them.
- Eat plenty of green, leafy vegetables; they are rich in vitamins that help to support a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin-C rich foods, such as amla, red peppers, yellow peppers, Vitamin C supplements are a must-have.
- Pre-biotics or pro-biotics to keep your gut healthy. The healthier your gut, the stronger is your immune system. Pro-biotics are found in broth, yogurt (naturally fermented), buttermilk, tempeh, kefir, kimchi, kombucha, miso, sauerkraut and pickles (fermented in salt, not vinegar).
- Minerals such as zinc and selenium found in nuts (unsalted) and seeds should be included in your diet.
- Stay away from white sugar and other refined carbohydrates!
- Daily Exercise: Establishing a moderate exercise routine can help boosts your natural immunities and to get over illness more quickly.
- Get some sun: It will boost your Vitamin D levels and increase your immunity.
- Rest: Get plenty of rest and enough sleep to help build your defenses.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink (preferably purified) water to increase lymphatic drainage and get rid of toxins, as well as bacteria, viruses and cellular waste.
- Avoid stress: It is your immune system’s number one enemy. (See how stress affects you HERE).
2. Stay positive, centered and grounded
Besides ways to keep yourself strong and healthy physically, there are ways to stay centred and grounded by helping yourself mentally and emotionally.
Staying centred and grounded will not only help to keep your immune system strong, but will help to keep you calm and collected so that you can have a clear mind and not get drawn down into the fray of fear mongering.
Focus on the positive
Its good to keep up to date with what is going on, but avoid getting sucked into all the drama and around it.
Remember this universal law, substanciated by quantum physics:
“Where attention goes energy flows” ― James Redfield
Basically what it means is that when you focus on something negative, you will get more negativity because it’s what you’re concentrating on. So, if you are concentrating on the Coronavirus and the bad news around it, you will get more negativity. Rather stay positive and concentrate on that.
Pay attention to your thoughts. The next time you’re in a new situation or environment, practice the “where focus goes, energy flows” way of thinking. Look for things that please you, whether you are outdoors, indoors or with people (e.g. notice the birds singing, an interesting painting, or try to find something you admire in each person you talk to).
Instead of living in your head and allowing thoughts to control you, practice staying calm and centred by taking deap breaths to stay in the present moment. Every time you notice mind chatter, take three deep breaths: breathe in through the nose, filling the lungs from the bottom up, and out through the mouth.
Regular meditation and/or yoga practice will do much to help you de-stress and to get rid of mind clutter. And it will do wonders for your immune system.
Remember that your body is an electro-magnetic system. Allow energy to flow naturally by earthing or grounding yourself, e.g. walking barefoot on the ground or using visualizing techniques to ground yourself. Also, get out in nature as often as possible by taking long walks, running, swimming in the ocean, or whatever activity you fancy.
Grounding yourself not only strenghtens your immune system, but has other benefits, such as reducing chronic inflammation, better sleep, improved heart health and circulation, etc.
Treating anxiety and fear
If you are struggling with fear and anxiety, there are various products on the market to treat it naturally, e.g homeopathic, aromatherapy and various supplements. Consult with a herbalist or experiment to find out what works best for you.
I have found these work best for me:
Dr Bach’s Flower Essences: Rescue Remedy helps to relax, get focused and calms anxiety. If you find that the original Rescue Remedy is too expensive, there are versions of it sold as a ‘homeopathic’ remedy in pharmacies and health shops, e.g. Natura’s ‘Rescue’, that are also effective.
Cannabidiol oil: Unlike cannabis or marijuana, CBD oil does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, which is the substance that creates a “high.” It is readily available without a prescription in many alternative healthcare shops. Research shows that it has significant potential to reduce anxiety and panic.
Keeping your home or work space anti-viral
The use of incense or the fumes of aromatic plants, woods and resins for cleansing the air has been widespread in all the great religions throughout the world (e.g. burning myrrh and frankincense used by the Christian churches).
Myrrh is a resin, or sap-like substance, that is one of the most widely used essential oils in the world. Myrrh strengthens the immune system with its antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Smudging, by using smudge sticks, is a tradition that goes back thousands of years. In a way, it is similar to the traditional use of incense by the Hindus from India, or the Buddhists.
Burning sage or other herbs neutralizes the positive charge and releases large amounts of negative ions into the atmosphere; with the effect of lightening the energy around you.
Native American sage burning is the most common form of smudging. Specifically, white prairie sage “has both antimicrobial and antibacterial properties” that keep viruses and bacteria away.
The indigenous South African sage (botanical name Helicrysum) or imphepho is known as ‘kooigoed’ or ‘sewejaartjies’ in Afrikaans. It is antiseptic, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, with anti-inflammatory and pain relieving (analgesic) properties. It also has a mild sedative effect.
Caution: Do not inhale the smoke if you have respiratory problems – wait for it to settle first.
Symptoms of a dysfunctional immune system
Most of us have ups and downs that affect our immune system because life happens to us. If you live a healthy lifestyle your body and are proacive about your health, your body will naturally regulate itself.
However, we sometimes experience extreme circumstances such as physical, emotional or mental trauma that cause our immune system to become dysfunctional or run down with age, and we need assistance to get ourselves up and running again.
Struggling with any of these immunodeficiency symptoms?
- Frequent and recurrent infections, such as pneumonia, bronchitis, meningitis or sinus, skin and ear infections.
- Autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, type 1 diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Blood disorders, such as low platelet counts or anemia.
- Inflammation and infection of internal organs.
- Digestive problems, such as cramping, loss of appetite, nausea and diarrhea.
- Delayed growth and development in infants and children.
- Aching joints, bad circulation, numb feet, etc.
If you are struggling with these symptoms and need assistance, consider taking a course of Distant Energy Healing sessions with me. For more information CLICK HERE.
Contact me for more information:
Mobile: +27 (0)81 842 5859
(Your privacy and information is respected and will not be disclosed or sold to anyone).